2020-21 School operations
Message from Principal Bailey
October 12, 2020
Happy Monday, LC Family!
Today we began the second grading cycle of the semester, and we welcomed about 200 more students back to campus. We will be very happy when we all can return.
We need all students to be fully engaged in their classes whether they are remote or face-to-face. Fully engaged means being present during class time and completing the assignments/work that each teacher has. We want all of our students to be successful in each and every class. Grades for the first grading cycle will be finalized on Wednesday evening.
All students who are face-to-face must wear a mask and have their IDs visible at all times. This is non-negotiable for the safety and health of all our LC Family. Our students who have been with us have been doing a great job with this.
On Wednesday, October 14, we will be giving the PSAT to our 9, 10, and 11 grade students. All 12th grade students will work remotely (at home) and must complete the assignment from their A2 teacher to be counted Present Asynchronous. Any remote 9, 10, and 11 grade students who are not reporting to campus to take the PSAT will also need to complete the assignment from their A2 teacher to be counted Present Asynchronous.
As always please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Have a great week!
Bell Schedule beginning September 8
7:30 - 9:00
Periods 1 & 5
9:05 - 10:40
Periods 2 & 6
Buses Arrive at LCHS @ 10:40
10:45 - 1:15
Periods 3 & 7
A Lunch 10:40 - 11:10
1:20 - 2:50
Periods 4 & 8
For a copy of the bell schedule, please download the 2020-2021 Bell Schedule PDF.
For details about the face-to-face lunch schedule for the
first semester, please download the 2020-2021 F2F Lunch Schedule PDF .
For details about A and B Days, please download the 2020-2021 A/B Calendar PDF .
How Students Log In to Canvas
Visit garlandisd.instructure.com to log in.
Log in with your full student email account and 6 digit assigned password (the password is not your ID number).
Your email address is the first 5 digits of your first name, the first 3 digits of your last name, followed by numbers specific to your account. This information can be found in Skyward.
Student ID Cards
GISD policy states that student IDs must be worn by students everyday. If you have lost or misplaced your ID, see Ms. Jones in the front vestibule for a replacement ID. There is a $5.00 cash only fee.
Football stadium guidelines
- GISD’s clear bag policy will be enforced at all GISD athletic events.
- The GISD Security Department will conduct bag checks and metal detector tests at all varsity football games.
- Due to COVID-19 guidelines anyone entering the stadium must wear a face covering at all times unless eating or drinking.
- Anyone entering the stadium must be prescreened for COVID-19 symptoms before entering the stadium.
- Each student that participates in the games will be allowed two spectators to attend the game (participants include: football team, band, drill team and cheerleaders).
- Due to the limited number of spectators no tickets will be sold and admission will be by punch card only. The athletic department will furnish a punch card for each participant that will admit two people.
- All spectators must sit on a designated marked seat and wear their face covering to comply with social distancing requirements.
- We regret that due to limited seating no VIP Passes, District ID badges, Coaching Association Membership Cards or District 9-6A passes will allow admission into the football games.
- Concession stands will be open and will only serve pre-packaged food and beverages.
- Spirit groups or booster clubs will not be allowed to sell any items inside the stadiums.
- Spectators will be expected to follow social distancing entrance and exit procedures.
- Spectators will be asked to clear the stadium immediately after the conclusion of the game. There will be no interaction allowed between parents and student athletes.
- Spectators will not be allowed on the field at any time.
- Due to UIL/TEA COVID-19 stadium regulations no spirit signs or senior picture banners will be allowed at HBJ or Williams Stadium.
- There will be no spectators allowed at the scrimmages on September 24th and 25th.
- In the event of a lightning delay, all spectators will be required to exit the stadium.
This information can be found on the Athletics Events Attendance Guidelines district page.