College and Career magnet
Connect to your future!
The mission of LCHS, in partnership with home and community, is to prepare students to think, to communicate, to respect, and to understand the power of knowledge through excellent teaching, quality work, and positive guidance, assisting student to achieve more than a diploma.
The College and Career Magnet program started in the 2001-2002 school year at Lakeview Centennial High School ands is designed to prepare motivated students for entrance into college and for advancement in their chosen careers. Students will participate in academic and real-world endeavors allowing them to grow in knowledge and critical thinking skills. Students who participate in these programs have unique opportunities to leave high school with a strong foundation and with the background needed to pursue their future college and career goals.
Students have the opportunity to be a part of our unique Career Magnets including TV Production, Future Teacher Internship, Business and Marketing, or Paralegal (associate degree program). Our Classical Magnets include advanced art, band, choir, dance, gymnastics, piano, and theater. Each program offers a specialized curriculum with qualified instructors providing students with a variety of experiences, beginning their freshman year.
Who is eligible?
Students are eligible to apply for the College and Career Magnet programs at LCHS if they have scored at the 50th percentile or above on a standardized achievement test in reading, passed all parts of the STAAR, and have no history of serious discipline problems. Additionally, those students who wish to participate in the Dual Enrollment program must pass an TSI or alternative in reading and writing.
Students who are accepted into any of these programs will be offered district transportation.
- Collegiate Academy
- Career Magnet - Business and Marketing, Future Teacher Internship, Paralegal Studies (AAS degree), Television Production and Broadcasting
- Certifications offered
- Hands on experiences in local elementary schools and in our on campus television studio
- Field trips, guest speakers, and specific curriculum related to each strand taught by LC teachers who have experience in these career fields
- Associate of Applied Science degree in Paralegal Studies
- Classical Magnet - Advanced Art, Band, Choir, Dance, Gymnastics, Piano, Theater Arts
- Students in Brandenburg's Classical Magnet Have automatic continuation to LC's Classical Magnet
- Beginner to advanced courses
- Auditions and additional requirements may be necessary
It is almost time to apply! Applications must be submitted through the parent’s Skyward account or in person at Lakeview.
Visit the district magnet application process & timelines page for application information and important dates.