Collegiate Academy magnet
The LCHS College and Career Magnet Collegiate Academy works in conjunction with the Dallas Community College District to provide qualified applicants a unique academic experience. The program is designed to satisfy credit requirements for high school graduation while the student also earns an Associate of Science degree (63 hours) from DCCCD. Through this opportunity only offered at Lakeview Centennial High School, the Academy features a college curriculum in the structure of the high school environment, which allows students to continue to participate in extracurricular activities while they achieve dual diplomas. Earn high school and college credit at the same time for free.
Please view or download more information about our Collegiate Academy magnet.
Advantages of enrolling
- Avoid the cost of tuition and books.
- Accumulate college hours and earn an Associate of Science degree, 63 transferable hours to colleges for free.
- Prepare to get a head start on your earning power for free.
- Take college level classes from qualified instructors on LCHS campus for free.
Note: All applications for Collegiate Academy will be through Skyward this year. Essays and teacher recommendations are no longer part of the application.
- Be an incoming freshman or a current freshman.
- Complete the online application through Skyward during the application window
- Satisfy all State Accountability Tests performance standards.
- Score 70% or higher in both math and reading on the most recent standardized achievement tests
- Pass all classes
- Have no serious discipline issues
Collegiate Academy administrators
- Principal, Maresa Bailey
- Assistant Principal, Marquis McClean
- Lead Counselor, Tracy Stafford
- Collegiate Counselor 10-12, Leah Ballard
- Magnet Coordinator, Timi Creekmore, (972) 240-3740
For additional information, please visit the district Collegiate Academy page.