Future Farmers of America (FFA)
FFA Advisor/Agriculture Science Teacher: Yvette Ingram
FFA Chapter: Lakeview Centennial of Garland ISD (Area V - District II)
Any Lakeview Centennial student enrolled in agriculture classes can become a member of the Texas/National FFA Organization through our local FFA chapter. The National FFA is the largest high school "student-run" organization in the world.
This dynamic three-way, school-based agricultural education includes:
- Classroom/laboratory - Contextual, inquiry-based instruction and learning through interactive classroom and lab
- FFA - Leadership, personal growth, and career success through FFA engagement
- Supervised Agriculture Experience (SAE) - Experiential, service, or work-based learning through the implementation of the SAE program.
Members have benefits and will participate in various events during the year, including:
- Field trips to area, state and national leadership camps
- Field trips to stock shows and talent competitions (both team and individual)
- Local fundraising and community service events
- Animal and plant project shows and sales
- Use of the GISD barn for large animals (goats, sheep, pigs, cattle)
- Acquire an official FFA jacket
- Advantageous recognition including awards, grants, and scholarships
- Garland ISD FFA Banquet
- District and Area FFA Meetings
- The Texas FFA State Convention
- GISD's Annual Livestock and Plant Show and Sale...and more!
- Enroll in an agriculture course.
- Show an interest by attending meetings, working for FFA degrees and participating in activities.
- Pay District, Area, State and National dues ($15.00 per school year).
- Positively represent the LC FFA Chapter at all times.
If you or your student is interested in becoming a member of the LC FFA, please talk with a counselor, the FFA advisor or an FFA officer.
Regular monthly business meetings are held during the first week of each month.
You are welcome to attend the LC FFA meetings. Check the display case outside Room 1322 for the latest updates and meeting times.