Save the Date:
June 11, 2022 at 5:00PM
Curtis Culwell Center
Preparing for the Ceremony
Ordering Cap and Gown
View this informational video for information about what is available and how to order.
At MINIMUM, students need the graduation cap and gown set and these should be purchased NOW at www.jostens.com. Order before January 28, 2022 to take advantage of group discount pricing.
Collegiate students will order their cap and gown set through the Jostens’ website along with their Class of 2022 classmates. Mrs. Dry will provide a list of eligible collegiate grads to Jostens, and Jostens will deliver the black cap and gown set to those students. If, by chance, the wrong color is shipped it will be exchanged.
Collegiate students will receive the LCHS Class of 2022 white stole with their order. The school owns the collegiate stole that will also be worn for the ceremonies. Students will receive their collegiate loaner stole at some date prior to graduation, and will return the collegiate stole at the LCHS ceremony.
LCHS Jostens Representative: Mr. Sawyer Golden
Graduation Clear Bag Policy
Graduation will be held at the Curtis Culwell Center. The CCC has a clear bag policy.
While the CCC encourages guests not to bring bags if possible, the following are permissible:
- Clear tote - plastic, vinyl or PVC bags that do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12"
- Plastic storage bag - Clear one (1) gallon, re-sealable
- Small clutch size - approximately the size of a hand with or without a handle or strap. No larger than 6.5" and 4.5" with or without a handle or strap
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection. Please limit the number of items you bring to the Curtis Culwell Center.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- All purses, bags or containers larger than a small clutch
- Camera Bags
- Fanny Packs
- Computer Bags
- Luggage of any kind
- Diaper Bags
- Drawstring Bags
- Seat Cushions
Senior Graduation Contract
This form must be completed and returned to Mrs. Turner no later than April 1, 2022 in order to participate in the graduation ceremony. Please download a copy of the Graduation Contract to turn in. A signed copy of this document should be returned to Mrs. Turner in the Main Office or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Statement of behavior regulations and expectations for the Class of 2022
Graduation is June 11th, 2022 at 5:00PM at the Curtis Culwell Center. This will be a ceremony to honor you, the student, for completing all of the graduation requirements established by the Garland Independent School District. Participation in the ceremony is contingent upon your successful completion of the required credits, the passing of required End of Course tests, the completion of any Loss of Credit requirements, and adherence to school regulations for behavior and attendance. Please make every effort to ensure that you are making satisfactory progress towards your graduation requirements.
BACKGROUND: “Unlike receipt of a diploma, participation in the graduation ceremony is a privilege, not a right” (Swan v San Ramon Valley Unified Sch Dist. 720 F Supp 764 (ND Cal, 1989). Although the ceremony is an important event, participation or non-participation does not alter the significance or value of the diploma (Lisa Swann, M.A.T/,. J.D.).
A great deal of effort has gone into preparing for the graduation ceremony. This should be a very special occasion for you as a member of the Class of 2022, and also for all of us at LCHS. You are following a standard established by Lakeview Centennial High School’s first graduating class in 1978 – one of seriousness, dignity, and pride. To help us continue that tradition and to make the ceremony the meaningful event that parents, faculty, and the graduating class desire, the following must be agreed upon by each senior and his or her parent or guardian. Please initial each section to indicate that you have read, understand, and agree to comply with the guidelines specified. Failure to comply with these guidelines may mean inability to participate in, or removal from, the graduation ceremony.
By signing and submitting this contract you agree to the following:
- I will attend all practices scheduled for the graduation ceremony. I agree to adjust my work schedule and any other obligations to meet the practice schedule. In case of illness, I will contact one of the school administrators prior to the practice.
- I agree to purchase and wear the cap and gown selected for the ceremony and not alter or decorate them in any manner. I further agree to conform to the following dress code described below for the graduation ceremony.
- Males should wear white dress shirts, ties, black slacks (no jeans), black socks and black shoes (no tennis shoes).
- Females are expected to wear nice dresses of an appropriate length or black dress slacks with a white collared dress shirt. Medium to flat heels are suggested because of the amount of walking and standing that will be required. You may wear dressy sandals but no flip-flops.
- Hairstyles for males and females should also conform to the GISD dress code. All hair must be a natural color no later than June 1, 2022.
- No facial piercing jewelry, per GISD dress code.
- I will not carry anything into the graduation venue that will disrupt the ceremony. I agree to be courteous during the entire ceremony and refrain from any activity that is disrupting, distracting or dangerous. I further agree to leave the ceremony when asked to do so if I fail to adhere to these guidelines. I understand that if I violate this I will not be allowed to receive my diploma and will be required to schedule a student/parent conference with an LC administrator.
- Cell phones will be turned COMPLETELY off and out of sight the ENTIRE time the class is in the arena area. If a phone is discovered “out,” it will be confiscated. I will not be allowed to receive my diploma, and will be required to schedule a student/parent conference with an LC administrator.
- I agree to pay all debts, which I owe to Lakeview Centennial High School and turn in all materials as required prior to participating in graduation practice.
- I agree to follow all rules at any school activity, i.e. prom, senior activities, athletic or co-curricular activities or graduation practice throughout the school year, and understand that not doing so will jeopardize my participation in the graduation ceremony. Senior activities are considered regular scheduled school days.
- I agree that my attendance in all classes shall conform to school and district policy. I also understand that any truancies or excessive absences may jeopardize my participation in graduation ceremonies.
- Transportation to the ceremony will be venue/location dependent, and may or may not be available. I agree to verify this detail once the district has announced final plans.
- I understand that if I violate school rules that necessitate suspension from school or placement in the District Alternative Education Program at any time during the school year, I am subject to removal from any or all senior activities, including the graduation ceremony.
- I understand that participation in the graduation ceremony is not required to receive my high school diploma. However, should I not attend the graduation ceremony as a result of any violation(s) of this agreement, I understand that a student/parent conference with an LC administrator will be required prior to receiving my diploma.