Scholarships and financial aid
To find current scholarships visit Naviance.
FAFSA general information
Federal Student Aid, an office of the U.S. Department of Education, provides over $80 billion annually in financial assistance for college. To receive federal student aid, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible after October 1. There are three ways that a student can complete the FAFSA:
- Apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov (official website)
- Download and complete a PDF version of the FAFSA at www.FederalStudentAid.ed.gov (Note: PDF FAFSAs must be mailed for processing)
- Request a paper FAFSA by calling the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) or 1-319-337-5665
FAFSA OR TASFA? Depending on your situation you will apply for financial aid one of two ways:
- If you have a Social Security Number, you will fill out the FAFSA
- If you do not have a Social Security Number or have a Social Security Number through DACA, you will fill out the TASFA
Do not go to www.fafsa.com to complete your FAFSA. This website charges you a fee to file your financial aid information with FAFSA.
FAFSA is a free service. Do not pay.
FAFSA/TASFA Tuesdays at LCHS
All 12th grade parents and students, please join us for FAFSA/TASFA Fun Nights on select dates from 5:00-7:00pm.
October 1st - FAFSA Fun Night Kick Off
Meetings will be held in the Library and Computer Lab. Parents, please bring your 2018 income tax forms.