School spirit & history
School Colors: Green and Orange
School Mascot: Alligator
Year Opened: Fall, 2007
Theme for the 2019-20 School Year: "Word hard, be kind."
Historical information indicates that the original Liberty Grove School was located almost directly across from site of Liberty Grove Elementary on Liberty Grove Road.
In the early 1900's, there were 2 schools in the surrounding area. When the original Liberty School and Elm Grove School merged, the new school building was christened "Liberty Grove School". The exact date of the consolidation is unclear - one report estimates it took place prior to August 1911, while another believes the merger happened in 1922.
Regardless of the exact date, the surrounding community was soon known as Liberty Grove, with the school building as a center piece. The new structure had 4 rooms and served grades 1-11. Students who wished to continue to 12th grade traveled to Garland.
Liberty Grove Elementary opened its doors in the fall of 2007, preserving the educational standards of the community and paying tribute to the area's history.