Vernal Lister Elementary School
3131 Mars Drive
Garland, TX 75040
Year opened: 1995
8:10 a.m.- 3:20 p.m
Doors open at 7:30
School starts at 8:10
Tardies begin at 8:11
Partial day absence begins at 8:21
Ratings & reports
For the most current ratings and reports, reports and performance planning, visit our school profile page on the district website. Here is the latest report for 2017. TEA Accountability Rating Parent Letter. TEA Accountability Summary.
The Lister Elementary family will work together to foster excellence in order to provide an enriched learning environment. We will ensure that all students are given opportunities to reach their full academic and creative potential while their individual needs are met, exceeded, and supported. These goals will be reached as parents, students, and teachers collaborate as a team.
Lister Elementary at a glance
Lister Elementary is a small residential school with positive attitudes and willing spirits providing a positive environment for student learning and growing. We are respectful, responsible and ready!
- Lister offers Spanish Bilingual classes for kindergarten through fifth grades, as well as One-Way Dual Language Vietnamese Program that is starting 2019-2020 school year for Kindergarten and will expand one grade level each year until reaching fifth grade.
- For students learning English as a second language we offer ESL (English as a Second Language).
- Our Special Education Department consists of ALE/MTI, inclusion, Resource, and Speech.
- Lister Elementary has an iTeam that provides intervention for students who need RtI support.
- Lister is an AVID campus as well.
- Additionally, tutoring is available 2 days a week after school and additional tutoring is available on request.
- Technology is used daily in classrooms. We have a computer lab that holds hold 60 computers with programs for all grades such as Imagine Learning, Imagine Learning Math, Imagine Learning Math Facts, I-Station, and Dimension U. Additionally, we have Chromebooks and iPads available to each grade level.
- Each grade participates in 2 field trips a year to places like the pumpkin patch, the fire station, Dallas Museum of Arts, The Perot Museum, the symphony, plays and many more.
- School activities and programs are planned regularly for fun and socializing like movie night, Field Day, College Week, Red Ribbon Week, Green Eggs and Ham breakfast, Black History Month Program and our beginning of the year Porch Party.
- Lister Elementary offers clubs to promote leadership, physical fitness, and the arts including the Lister Choir, Safety Patrol, Library Helpers, and Student Council.