There are several ways Lister chooses to communicate important information to parents.
- Friday Folders: Every Friday your student will come home with important papers and information.
- Skylert: Phone messages and emails from Lister Elementary.
- Monthly Student Calendars: Events that are important for students and parents will be on this monthly calendar.
- Twitter: Follow Lister Elementary on twitter for news and important information.
- Sign-up for Remind 101-Principal Communication:
-Text this number: 81010
-Text this Message: @h49cd6
- Remind 101 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Instead of turning on the T.V. or video game, try providing more creative and educational activities.
Having a closet or area in your home that is filled with art supplies, educational games, engineering projects, and science experiments will give them endless opportunities to learn and open a door to fun educational discussions.
Finding the right time to tackle homework can be a tricky task.
Some may need a mental break with a snack or short time of physical activity or relaxation. While others may need to get it out of the way so they can enjoy the rest of their evening.
You might find that some may find it easier to concentrate if you are right there with them, while others may need to be left alone.
Once you have found the right balance and routine, homework can become a more enjoyable task, and even become a bonding time.
Whether you sit with your child, or give them space, you can always show interest in their education by checking backpacks and folders to keep them accountable.
GISD Parent Resources
Here are ways for you to participate in your student's education to ensure success.
Follow @Lister_Lions to 40404. (Standard messaging rates will apply.)
Have you received your Skyward Family Access yet? Students and parents can log in to see attendance, grades, and calendar.
Parents please take a moment to fill out our Family and Community Engagement survey.