- Introduction To Transportation Technology - 8 Grade (.5 Credit): This cluster relates to the planning, management and movement of people, materials and goods by road, pipeline, air, rail and water as well as related professional and technical support services such as transportation planning and management, logistics services, mobile equipment and facility maintenance. This cluster helps to make sure that products and people travel safely from point A to point B and arrive on time.
- Possible Projects: Co2 Cars, Model Air Planes, Model Rockets
- Investigating Applied Engineering Robotics 7/8 Grade (1 Credit): Engineers and technologists are the type of people who are prepared to imagine, design and build. Students who excel in this cluster like to solve problems, take things apart to see how they work and ask a lot of questions. They are critical thinkers, curious and have a lot of creativity.
- Projects: VEX Robotics Competitions: GISD Robotic Competition and Other Surrounding Districts Robotic Competitions
- Investigating Arts AV Tech & Communication 7/8 Grade (1 Credit): Students practice skills, design, service, communicate, and produce in the Arts, A/V Technology & Communications Cluster. The courses within this cluster allow students to gain training through classes.
- Possible Projects: Tee Shirt Graphic Design, Web Page Design, Video Production
Family, Career and Community Leaders of America
FCCLA is a national Career and Technical Student Organization that provides personal growth, leadership development and career preparation opportunities for students in Family and Consumer Sciences education.
Ms. Marcano lead our students in college readiness skills, including Cornell note taking, Tutorials, Organizational Skills, writing skills and reading skills.
Students take pictures, and write copy for the Lyles yearbook. Participants learn to write in a succinct and effective manner, and use their creative skills to organize pictures and text in an appealing and informational manner. If you are interested in participating in yearbook, see Mrs. Hopkins.
After school club that meets once a week to meet and learn about computer coding! Code.org, Khan Academy, BB8 and Sphero robots, and TI's Inspire Calculators. If you are interested in participating in Coding Club, see Ms. Parish.