Collegiate Academy magnet
As a special component of Naaman Forest High School's magnet program, the Collegiate Academy works in conjunction with the Dallas County Community College District (DCCCD) to provide qualified applicants a unique academic experience. The Collegiate Academy is designed to satisfy credit requirements for high school graduation while the student also earns either an Associate Degree of Arts or an Associate Degree of Science from DCCCD.
The Collegiate Academy features a college curriculum in the structure of the high school environment, which allows students to continue to participate in extracurricular activities while they achieve dual diplomas. Students earn high school and college credit at the same time for FREE.
Collegiate Academy students are grouped as a cohort to foster an accelerated learning environment. Additionally, the cohort model provides the support to develop academic and social skills as well as behaviors and conditions necessary for college completion.
Collegiate Academy admissions criteria
Students must meet the following to be considered:
- entering grade 9
- 50th percentile on reading and math achievement tests
- Pass STAAR/EOC
- Passing grades in core subjects
- No serious discipline issues
Collegiate Academy enrollment is limited to 125 students per grade level. Incoming freshmen (current grade 8) may apply during the magnet application window.
Advantages of enrolling in the Collegiate Academy
- Earn high school and college credit at the same time for free.
- Avoid the cost of tuition and books.
- Eliminate thousands of dollars in college tuition costs by earning college credit hours while in high school.
- Accumulate college hours and earn an associate degree, 60 transferable hours to Texas' top colleges for free.
- Prepare to get a head start on your earning power for free.
- Take college level classes from qualified instructors on the Naaman Forest campus for free.
- Learn to navigate the educational process in higher education via academic, emotional and social support structures.
Information about Garland ISD magnet programs