Summer Graduation 2021
Date: Monday, August 30, 2021
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Location: Curtis Culwell Center
We invite you to join us for our graduation ceremony recognizing the efforts of our summer 2021 graduates.
Campuses will communicate arrival time and other process details with students. Everyone is expected to follow the CCC regulations.
Congratulations to the Class of 2021!
Watch it live
Visit the Summer Graduation livestream on GRS TV to watch the event as it happens.
A digital program is available now.
Preparing for the ceremony
Graduate dress code
Appropriate dress is required. Come dressed for the ceremony. No changing facilities will be available. CDC- approved face masks are needed to attend. Attendees must follow the clear bag policy and mask policy.
- Graduates must be in their caps and gowns with any regalia prior to the ceremony
- Students may not decorate their graduation caps
- No shorts
- Masks must be worn at all times
Caps and gowns
Information about ordering caps and gowns will be added soon.
Procedures and Rules
Graduation will be held at the Curtis Culwell Center. Here are the procedures for this event.
- Clear Bag Policy
- Graduation Information Sheet
- Graduation Rules and Regulations
- CCC Prohibited Items
- Graduation Rules and Regulations (Spanish)
- Guests and graduates will be allowed to enter one hour before the start of the ceremony. Tickets will be checked upon arrival. Before entering, graduates and guests will be screened by a metal detector. Guests must follow the clear bag policy and be wearing face masks.
- Graduates will disembark off the buses, enter the venue through the conference center, and go straight to their seats.
- Graduates should be dressed in non-decorated caps and gowns with any regalia prior to the ceremony.
- School staff will direct graduates to their seats.
- Families will enter through the east and west entrances.
Parking for families will be available at the Curtis Culwell Center. Graduation ceremonies for GISD schools will not charge for parking.
Students will be bused from their campuses.
Graduation is to be a respectful event. Family and friends should listen quietly to all student and
faculty speeches, and refrain from shouting as names are called. Please be respectful of all
graduates and their families. Every family wants to hear the name of their graduate as he or she
walks across the stage.
After the Ceremony
Due to the tightness of the graduation schedule, please depart the facility promptly and in an orderly fashion after the ceremony. You will be able to meet your graduate outside of the Curtis Culwell Center after the ceremony.
- The traditional hat toss will not be held this year to ensure social distancing occurs.
- NO gathering is allowed inside the building; please meet your party at your vehicle.
Every graduate will be photographed at the ceremony. If you have not received proofs within 2 weeks of the ceremony, please contact Flash Photography directly at 888-325-3930 or at www.FLASHphotography.com.
Personal photos must be taken from your seat in the audience. No monopods or tripods allowed.
Graduation DVDs will be sold on the North Concourse for $30 ($25 + $5 S&H). Curtis Culwell Center accepts credit cards only. DVDs will be available online at the Curtis Culwell Center website as well.