Parent-School Learning Compact
Naaman Forest High School
Diverse Community, Shared Vision, Exceptional Education
- Know what my child should learn and know at grade level and how I, as a parent, can help my child learn.
- Explore magnet school options and advanced placement classes with teacher or counselor.
- Communicate regularly with my child’s teacher in order to know how my child is doing.
- Make sure my child attends school every day on time.
- Inform teacher if my child is having difficulty with homework or is having difficulty in school.
- Attend parent conferences, PTA meetings, and parent education workshops.
- Provide necessary supplies to help my child be prepared for school and be able to complete assignments.
- Be an active parent/guardian and volunteer in my child’s class or at my child’s school.
Parent Signature ______________________________________Date______/_______/_______
- Help create a safe environment by following school rules.
- Follow the dress code policy.
- Come to school on time and prepared with supplies, books, and homework.
- Attend before and after school tutoring if I have difficulty with assignments.
- Be ready to learn every day.
- Demonstrate respect for my principal, teachers, school staff members, and other students.
Student Signature ______________________________________Date______/_______/_______
- Provide a high quality curriculum and research based instructional practice to equip students to be successful both academically and for life.
- Create a learning environment where students feel safe, respected, and nurtured in order for healthy student-to-student relationships and healthy teacher-to-student relationships exist.
- Provide two-way communication with parent/guardian and child concerning “what” student should learn and know at grade level and “how” to engage parent’s in child’s education.
- Communicate with parent/guardian regularly on ways to help their child learn.
- Expect and challenge all students to learn at rigorous, high level of thinking and make connections with learning to real world applications.
- Seek resources and assistance for a child who is struggling with learning or having difficulty in school.
- Cover what students must know by the end of the year.
Teacher Signature ______________________________________Date______/_______/_______