North Garland High School offers advanced placement courses in a wide variety of subjects. Students enrolled in these college-level courses may take an examination in the spring, which is used by many colleges and universities to award college credit.
Research into the benefits of AP courses indicate that students who complete AP courses are:
- better prepared academically
- more likely to specialize in stringent majors
- more likely to complete more college work in four years
- found to perform slightly better than peers who did not take AP courses
- more likely to exercise leadership
- twice as likely to go into advanced study (Ph.D., medicine, law)
For more information about enrolling in AP courses at North Garland, please contact your counselor.