Pathways to Technology Early College HS Magnet (PTECH)
You may reach Mr. Carlson, the North Garland High School Magnet Advisor Industry Liaison, by phone at 972-675-3120 x61301, and email.
Dustin Good PTECH Administrator
Brett Carlson PTECH Coordinator/Magnet Advisor
Jacob Garza Counselor
What is PTECH?
- PTECH = Pathways in Technology Early College High School
- Students earn a high school diploma, and industry recognized associate degree, and gain relevant work experience.
- Partnership between North Garland, Dallas College, and Industry Partners
Students Graduate with:
- High School Diploma
- Graduation Endorsements
- Up to 60+ College Credit Hours at No Cost to Students and Parents
- Associate of Science or Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Career and Technology Certifications
- 4 Year University Options
- College and Career Ready
- Job Interviews and Job Placement
NGHS PTECH Pathways
- Associate of Science Pre-Med / Pre-Dental
- Associate of Applied Science Network Administrator
- Applications will be available to 8th grade students
Upcoming Welcome Events
Choose Garland ISD Expo
Each school year, GISD conducts the Choose Garland ISD School Expo and Magnet Fair where all eighth-grade families are invited to explore the various program opportunities with representatives from all schools in GISD. You will also be able to explore the various magnet program opportunities with campus magnet advisors. Other guests include the district Guidance and Counselors Office, GISD Magnet Office, Dallas College and the Dallas Promise Scholarship.
This highly recommended district event is scheduled to occur on TBA from 5 - 8 p.m. at the Curtis Culwell Center. For more information, visit the Explore GarlandISD Expo Website.
NGHS Magnet Open House
Parents and students, learn more about the following magnet programs:
MST (Math, Science, Technology)
AMS (Accelerated Math and Science)
PTECH (Pathways in Technology Early College High School)
ECHS (Early College High School)
Time: 6:30 - 8 p.m.
Location: North Garland High School
The parent meetings will be conducted in English (cafeteria) and in Spanish (library). After a brief parent meeting, you will have time to visit magnet teachers and students.
Magnet application process and timelines
Students must meet initial qualifications for the magnet program in which they want to apply. These requirements vary by program and can include test scores, grades, art/music assessments and more.
For more information about the magnet application process and timelines, please visit the Garland ISD web site.
How to apply
Please follow these steps to apply for magnet programs:
- Log in to Skyward Family Access during the application period (timeline available here).
- Choose the "online forms" option.
- Complete all required information.
- Apply for one or two different magnet programs.
If you are not currently a Garland ISD student, you must enroll before you can access the magnet application.
For additional information about ECHS & PTECH, please contact Brett Carlson, 972-675-3120 x61301.