Pathways to Technology Early College HS magnet (PTECH)
You may reach Ms. Mathew, the North Garland High School MST - AMS - PTECH Program Coordinator, by phone at 972-675-3120 x61027, and email.
Trent Dagen PTECH Principal
Natalie Mathew PTECH Coordinator/Magnet Advisor
Jacob Garcia Lead Counselor
What is PTECH?
- PTECH = Pathways in Technology Early College High School
- The PTECH program at North Garland will begin in the 2020-2021 school year
- Students earn a high school diploma, and industry recognized associate degree, and gain relevant work experience.
- Partnership between North Garland, Dallas College, and Industry Partners
Students Graduate with:
- High School Diploma
- Graduation Endorsements
- Up to 60+ College Credit Hours at No Cost to Students and Parents
- Associate of Science or Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Career and Technology Certifications
- 4 Year University Options
- College and Career Ready
- Job Interviews and Job Placement
NGHS PTECH Pathways
- Associate of Science Pre-Med / Pre-Dental
- Associate of Applied Science Network Administrator
- Applications will be available to 8th grade students
- Program will begin in the 2020-2021 school year
Magnet application process and timelines
Students must meet initial qualifications for the magnet program in which they want to apply. These requirements vary by program and can include test scores, grades, art/music assessments and more.
For more information about the magnet application process and timelines, please visit the Garland ISD web site.
How to apply
Please follow these steps to apply for magnet programs:
- Log in to Skyward Family Access during the application period (timeline available here).
- Choose the "online forms" option.
- Complete all required information.
- Apply for one or two different magnet programs.
If you are not currently a Garland ISD student, you must enroll before you can access the magnet application.
For additional information about the MST program, please contact our NGHS Magnet Advisor Industry Liaison, Natalie Mathew, 972-675-3120 x61027.