Update: **For the safety of all attendees, Globe Life Park is moving graduation dates and location to Globe Life Field due to anticipated high temperatures next week.
NGHS graduation is now scheduled for 8 a.m. on Saturday, June 13.
Preparing for the ceremony
Graduate dress code
- No shorts
- Ties not required for men
- Flat bottom shoes ONLY (no flip flops and no high heels)
- All graduates and guests, including infants, must have a ticket. Anyone without a ticket will NOT be admitted. No tickets will be distributed at Globe Life Field.
Arrival and procedures
- One hour before start of ceremony
- Parking lots are named by letters and models of Toyota automobiles. All students and parents will park in lot R (Tacoma). See parking map.
- Graduates will enter the stadium through lot A (Supra) with their student admission ticket. Graduates need to be dressed in non-decorated caps and gowns with any regalia prior to entering.
- Graduates with ADA-specific needs should notify Globe Life Field staff upon arrival for elevator usage.
- Graduates will have assigned seats in the lower concourse, sections 1–26.
- Families will enter the stadium through the Toyota Southwest gate across from lot R (Tacoma) with assigned-seat tickets.
- One sealed water bottle per person will be allowed. No concessions will be available.
- No bags (other than diaper bags and medical bags) will be allowed. Also, no flowers, balloons or signs will be allowed.
- Be prepared for a health screening and metal detector check prior to admission. For more information, please visit garlandisd.net/graduation.
- Masks are highly encouraged. Check out mask challenge information at garlandisd.net/graduation.
- There will be no ceremony practice. It is imperative that graduates view the ceremony procedures on the campus website.
- Graduates should check the campus website daily leading up to graduation for updates and details about the ceremony.
- Photos will be taken with diploma covers as students return to their seats after walking across home plate.
- Dismissal will be by section and announced over the intercom.
- All graduates and families will be instructed to leave immediately and meet at their cars.
- All gates will be opened to alleviate crowding near exits.
- NO gathering is allowed inside the park; please meet your party at your vehicle.