We are nearing the end of the road for the Class of 2020 and we want to finish strong. It was great to see all of our 12th grade students this past Friday when they picked up their caps and gowns. If you were unable to pick yours up that day, you can visit the Balfour Office at 1111 Belt Line Road, Suite 102 in Garland, Texas. Their office hours are Monday-Friday, Noon until 5 pm.
Any senior who has not turned in their assignments should reach out to their teachers to get them turned in. All courses required for graduation must be completed to attend graduation.
We will have a parent meeting on Wednesday, May 20, at 8 p.m. We will send out a message with the code that evening. We will discuss graduation and other important end of the year information.
Graduation is right around the corner and we want to make it BIG! To celebrate your graduation, the district has put together a fun project for ALL of you to participate in! We are asking you to create a TikTok video that will be featured on the big screen at graduation with all of your classmates. There are a few directions you must follow, so please make sure you read the information below to make sure your submission can be added to the NGHS #GISDGradRush video. Those directions can be found in the email that accompanies this call.
DIRECTIONS for the TikTok Video:
Step 1. Dance in regular clothes.
Step 2. Catch the graduation cap on the right side.
Step 3. Cover the camera lens with your undecorated graduation cap.
Step 4. Appear on camera with graduation cap and gown.
Step 5. Take off the graduation cap, and throw it to your left.
** Example Video #1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ye7-y26uyHA2P7JdQ7ZnTwkYU8sENlV2/view?usp=sharing
** Example Video #2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19dxLB2vr7co56Xy2l5SF-jiB8G91GJsu/view?usp=sharing
- Add your first and last name to the TikTok video on the lower right hand side (Name should match your diploma).
- File submitted to the google form should be a .mov or mp4. Please name the file with Last_ID (for example Ellis_272489)
- Video should be no more than 8 seconds.
- Dress code will be enforced; any video deemed inappropriate will not be included in the final video.
- The graduation cap should look as it did when purchased - no decorations - so that as it transitions through videos, they all look the same. Wait to decorate your cap after you have submitted your video!
**The video submitted must follow the guidelines correctly in order to be placed within the final video presentation.**
Once you have finished your video you will submit it here: https://forms.gle/9EJy8Hz5Pcw5mWNu9
**You must be logged in to Google with your School Email**
Need help with TikTok? Check out these videos:
We hope you have a wonderful evening and will see you all Wednesday evening at 8 p.m.