Scholarship information is published on the Naviance system, and paper copies are available in the Counselors office.
Dallas County Promise Grant
Seniors, please be aware of the following deadlines to maintain your participation eligibility in the Dallas County Promise Grant program:
Friday, Feb. 7, 2019 - Must submit (1) your Pledge, (2) your FERPA waiver, and (3) your
Friday, Mar. 20, 2019 - Must submit (1) your FAFSA application
- Seniors are encouraged to have their portraits made during the summer before beginning their senior year
- Any questions may be directed to Ms. Williamson, Yearbook and Newspaper sponsor and Journalism teacher, by email or visit the J-Lab.
The Senior panoramic picture will be on April 16, 2019, by Goldbeck Co. photographers.
Price Package: TBD
Best Deal (Two Picture Package): TBD
Please bring your payment the next day, Wednesday, April 17, to be paid during lunches and pick up your photo(s).
Senior Picnic will be TBD.
The Senior Awards Ceremony will be held on TBD.
Cap & gown
- Order deadline is April 1
- Cap & gown deliveries in May during all lunches
- You may pick up a Balfour packet in the business office to use for ordering.
- Also, cap and gown purchases may be made online with Balfour.
- Graduation rehearsal will be TBD
- Students cannot participate in graduation without attending the rehearsal.
- Rehearsal Schedule
- 11:45 a.m.-noon: Please enter using the Northwest and West entry doors only and check in at the main gym.
- 12 p.m. - 2 p.m.: Rehearsal in the main gym
Graduation ceremony at Curtis Culwell Center
- Graduation for the Class of 2020 TBD
- Seniors will need to arrive in the back parking lot at NGHS by TBD to ride the bus to commencement.
- Seniors will not be allowed to board the bus with anything other than graduation regalia.
- There will be a bus to bring students back to North after the ceremony or you can leave CCC with parents.
Culwell Center policies
- Only clear, plastic bags are allowed. Culwell Center plastic bag policy
- Graduation Ceremonies - rules and regulations including Guest Parking Information
Culwell Center VIP Suites, Graduate Shout Outs, Etc.
Please see this Culwell Center Graduation Information document for information about renting VIP suites, graduate shout-outs, flower delivery services, etc.
Tickets to graduation
- Seniors receive a set number of tickets to graduation.
- Ticket distribution details will be announced closer to graduation.
- Seniors will pick up graduation tickets in the main office, and sign for them after showing school ID.
- Tickets may be picked up before school and after school.
- No tickets will be distributed to students on the “Loss of Privilege List” (LOP) until fines have been cleared.