North Garland High School encourages all parents to become an active part of the campus. Please contact a member of our administrative team for more information.
How to volunteer
Anyone who would like to volunteer must:
- provide a photo ID to the front office
- complete an online application and upload a copy of your photo ID
The online application can be completed at home or the main office of any campus.
What happens next?
- A background check will be performed using the Raptor Volunteer Management System.
- You will receive an email to notify you when you may begin volunteering.
Contact the Campus Engagement Coordinator for more information and specific volunteer opportunities.
District volunteer resources
One avenue to become active with our campus is to volunteer your time in campus organizations and committees. The following organizations may be excellent candidates for your volunteer participation:
PTSA (Parent Teacher Student Association)
Among the campus organizations you might choose to participate in, please consider joining the NGHS PTSA. In PTSA, you can choose to join as a general member, or if you like, join as a board member!
Athletics / Drill Team
Another avenue you might consider for becoming active in campus activities includes joining a sports, business or occupational organization:
- Athletics / Drill Team / Cheer: For information about joining a North Garland High School athletic organization, drill team, or cheer team, you may contact our campus athletic director, Mr. Taurus Rucker, our women's athletic coordinator, Ms. Gail Martin, our drill team sponsors, Ms. Portillo and Ms. Numa, or our cheer sponsor, Ms. Williams. (Of course, you may instead contact the specific sponsor listed below in the area where you have interest.)
- Business / Occupational Specialties: There are many NGHS business and occupational student organizations you may be interested in joining. Highlighting a few, you may have interest in contacting our Distributive Education Clubs of America (DECA) sponsor, Ms. Adams, our Health Occupations Student Organization (HOSA) sponsor, Dr. Kelly, our Journalism / Newspaper / Yearbook sponsor, Ms. Jemison, our Texas Association of Future Educators (TAFE) sponsor, Ray Joran, or our Career & Technology Education department lead, Mr. Myers.
The donation of items or other goods is an excellent way you might choose to volunteer at our campus. North Garland High School, through our student service organizations, sponsors canned food drives, clothing drives, and other programs throughout the year to benefit those who are less fortunate. The following organizations and sponsors may be able to help you with your personal and company donation ideas:
- Student Council and/or Beta Club, sponsor Mr. Barth
- Key Club, sponsor Mr. Blakley
- AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination), sponsor Ms. Aston
- HYO (Hispanic Youth Organization), sponsor Mr. Campos
- National Honor Society (NHS), sponsor Ms. Aston and Ms. Smith
- Spanish National Honor Society (SNHS), sponsor Mr. Hopland
- Interact, sponsor Mr. Buhl
- UN Club, sponsor Ms. Belizaire
Suggested Volunteer Opportunities
- Instructional Aide
- Guest Speakers (Career Day, Texas Scholars, Black History Day, etc.)
- Public Translator/Interpreter
- Sponsor School Newspaper
- Sponsor School Yearbook
- Cultural Fair Exhibitor
- Judges/Coaches (Science Fair, Reflection Artwork, Academic Decathlon, UIL, etc.)
- Field Trip Chaperone
- Library Assistant
- Maintain Marque
- Landscape Services/Plant Materials
- Musical Instrument/Talents
- Snacks for Teachers/Students (Teacher Appreciation, Testing Days)
- Sewing (uniforms, costumes, curtains)
- School Supply Donations
- Art Supplies
- PTSA Committee Member
- Campus Committee Member