Guidance & Counseling
972-463-1712 ext 62982
|Tina Brown||A - Bl||Lead Counselor|
|Carole Wood||Bo - Ea||Counselor|
|Courtney Cox||Eb - Ha||Counselor|
|Melissa Fields||He - Maq||Counselor|
|Mitzi Gentler||Mar - Pe||Counselor|
|Davalyn Dixon||Pf - So||Counselor|
|Stephanie Archer||Sp - Z||Counselor|
|Yasmin Somnath||LIGHT||LIGHT Counselor|
|Cathy Fields||Data Clerk|
|Robyn Godwin||Counselor Aide|
Counselors will begin meeting with freshmen individually to prepare their 4-year plans. We encourage parents to participate in this meeting. Please call your child’s counselor to set up an appointment as soon as possible.
Rowlett High School's Code for filling out college applications is: 446017
Register for the SAT, take a practice test, or find more information about the SAT.
Register for the ACT, take a practice test, or find more information about the ACT.
AFJROTC is strictly a leadership and citizenship class that uses military concepts. There is no military obligation. We do not recruit for the military. PE credit will be earned in AFJROTC. Selection of participants will be based on student application.
Students and Parents need to check out Naviance. Naviance is a comprehensive college and career readiness solution for middle and high school students connecting academic achievement to post-secondary goals. For more information on "Accessing Naviance Family Connections", click here. Register and start your goals today at Naviance RHS.
Current students request transcripts through Naviance. All students must have a records release form (signed by parent) on file in the counseling office in order to fulfill your transcript order. If the transcript can be sent electronically, then there will be no charge. However if the transcript has to be mailed or picked up by the student, then the cost is $1.00 per copy. Students needing hard copies of their transcript for a scholarship must order these transcripts through Ms. Gavlick in the counseling office (24 hour turnaround, $1.00 per copy).
- Log into NAVIANCE
- Username is S and your ID Number (S123456)
- Password is your Npin also printed on your schedule
- In the colleges tab, click “Colleges I’m Applying To”
- Add the colleges you are applying to using the “add to list” button at the top, then use the “lookup” button to find your college(s)
- Click on the request box under transcript & then click “Add Colleges” at the bottom of the screen.
- If you already have colleges in your list, but have not requested transcripts, you may click the “transcript” link in the left tool bar, then “request transcript for my college aps”. Last check the “add request” box next to each school.
Seniors, before you graduate, you must request your Final Official Transcript! All colleges, universities, trade schools and the military require a final transcript. Do not forget!
- You must log in to Naviance.
- Go to colleges I am applying to
- Click the edit pencil next to the college you are attending
- Mark the result as accepted; Update applications
- Click request transcripts—that school will be listed
- Under final transcripts – Check box and click “request final transcripts”
If you need a final transcript for yourself, you may print your End of Year (EOY) transcript from your portfolio in Skyward. It takes about 2 weeks after graduation for transcripts to update.
The Counseling Office at Rowlett High School retains records (active and withdrawn) for 2 years past the current graduation year. If you graduated in 2016, 2017 or 2018 and are in need of a copy of your transcript, please come by our office or e-mail the request to Lvgavlic@garlandisd.net. All transcripts and records for prior years must be requested from GISD Student Services, 720 Stadium Drive, Garland. 972-494-8253 or 8255.