Instructor: Laura Harms
Academy students who qualify for the Gifted & Talented program as Talented Artistically in Art may receive services by participating in Enriched Art class.
The Enriched Art curriculum focuses on art production, art history, art criticism, and aesthetics.
Students participating in Enriched Art can expect to:
- Learn about and investigate art
- Create works of art
- Write about art
- Talk about art
Grade Level Activities
Art production, Art History, Art Criticism, and Aesthetics
Fourth Six Weeks Instructional focus
- 5th Grade: Students are learning about The Renaissance and will be creating linear perspective drawings.
- 4th Grade: Students are learning about Native Americans of the southwest and will be creating pottery.
- 3rd Grade: Students are learning about art of Mexico and will be creating metal art.
- 2nd Grade: Students are learning about Cubism and will be creating “Picasso Face” sculptures.
Tips for Parents
Help your child remember to be creative at home by completing Enriched Art sketchbook assignments.
Are you interested in auditioning to be identified as Talented Artistically in Art? Please visit the GISD Gifted/Talented web page and click the "Apply Now" button to apply online.
The application for the talent program is currently open through November 30, 2017.
Art Portfolio: Each student auditioning at the Talented Artistically in Art audition needs to bring a portfolio of about 5 to 10 original artwork examples to the audition.
For more information please contact the Gifted & Talented Department