Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID) is a national program that helps students prepare for college eligibility and success.
AVID's mission is to close the achievement gap by preparing all students for college readiness and success in a global society.
AVID at RHS
Students are enrolled in an elective class that provides skills in writing, inquiry, collaboration, organization and reading. Students engage in tutorials facilitated by college students, Socratic seminars, field trips to college campuses, and presentations on college and career readiness. Students will organize their school materials in a binder, take daily Cornell notes, and use a calendar to keep track of important dates. AVID students will enroll in rigorous courses, while keeping satisfactory citizenship, good attendance, passing grades and an overall 2.5 GPA.
- For students in 9th-12th grade
- College Preparation & Strategies for success.
- Visiting College Campuses
- Team- Building & Community Activities
- Commitment to Academic Success
- Organizational skills
- In- school Academic Support with Tutors & Teachers
- Helps you get into college & earn scholarship $$
Follow us on twitter @RowlettAVID
Interested in joining?
Someone will get back with you ASAP.
AVID campus contacts
11th & 12th grade AVID teacher
|9th & 10th grade AVID teacher
|9th grade AVID teacher