Since 1997, the Rowlett High School Choir program has been achieving the highest standards of musical excellence. Students involved in the choir program have the opportunity to participate in a variety of ensembles, including Treble Choir, Men’s Chorus, Women’s Chorale, Non-Varsity Mixed Choir, A Capella Choir, and RSVP.
Assistant Director of Choirs - Emma Schlebach
Rowlett High School Choir is devoted to the cultivation of the art of choral music in the lives of our students and in the broader community; to teach techniques of musical expression; providing a sequential developmental music curriculum which allows each student an opportunity to build musical skills and understanding through a wide variety of musical goals and experiences. Through choral music, we affirm the goal of Garland ISD to graduate individuals prepared to function with integrity in a rapidly changing world.
Through participation in the ensembles offered at Rowlett High School, students are afforded the opportunity to achieve the following goals of the program:
- Attain a healthy sound through the exploration of vocal technique and proper posture.
- Develop strong musicianship skills through the performance of “quality” choral literature, including the following:
- Sight-reading previously unrehearsed music.
- Singing with line.
- Singing with proper diction and articulation.
- Singing with expression.
- Singing as an ensemble.
- Sing in a variety of styles, languages and ensembles
- Learn through teamwork, a sense of responsibility, and commitment through a variety of performance opportunities.
- Achieve a better appreciation, understanding, and respect for choral and vocal literature through performance and experience. Students are presented with the opportunity to build individual musicianship skills through small ensembles and solo performance opportunities throughout the school year.
All choir parents are encouraged to take an active role in their student's choir experience by joining the RHS Choir Booster Club. If you are interested, you can find a membership form here.