A message from your librarian...
I am so excited to be here at Routh Roach! I have taught in Garland for the past seven years and I am more than happy to now be a Wrangler! My goal is to help students develop a lifelong love for reading. I am a huge advocate for technology, especially coding/computer programming. I hope to share my passion with all of the children.
I strongly believe that it is very important for your child/children to read every night. As they come to the library each week and start bringing books home, please listen to them read or read to and with them. Also, please help your child remember to bring back their books each week so they can bring new ones home! I hope you and your child enjoy our library books.
Nina Robinett -librarian
Carol Ann Funk –library aide
We are learning to be an independent library user by using self-checkout.
We love reading in Spanish!
"Mrs. Robinett, do we have this book?" We are learning how to use our online catalog!
Read every day!
At Routh Roach, we place great importance on reading. Reading is the basis for lifelong learning, and is vital to every area of learning. We take this commitment to reading seriously, and are always looking for ways to encourage reading and allow time for student access to books. Here are a few of the things we are doing toward that commitment:
- The library is open daily at 7:30 a.m. for students who need to check out books. Parents are also welcome to check out from 7:30 a.m.-7:55 a.m.
- Braum’s Book Buddy is a 1st-5th grade reading program. Students earn stickers for reading their books and once they receive 6 stickers, they get coupons for free ice cream or a kid’s meal at Braum’s.
- Pizza Hut Book It is another reading program that started in September. Students will have to meet their reading goals set in their classrooms to earn a coupon for a FREE personal sized pizza!
- MyON is a new reading program where students and community members have access to thousands of books online. This is a great tool for the children to use at home as well! Students can log onto MyON through readyhub.garlandisd.net using their username and password. Community members may access MyON for young kids to adults, by visiting www.myon.com and log on using:
School Name: South Garland Branch Library
User Name: SouthGarlandLibrary
- Encourage reading every day. Please have your child read at home at least 20 minutes each day.
Mrs. Robinett reading to our kindergarners
Find books, ebooks, and other resources by visiting your school's library catalog. If you need help with any of these resources, please contact your school librarian.
Online instructional resources
Online Instructional Resources are available to all students, teachers, parents, and administrators from any district or non-district computer.
Local library links