What can my counselor do for me?
Counselors will help you by:
- reviewing your choice of subjects each spring during registration (February - April)
- helping solve academic scheduling problems
- providing study skills and academic information
- providing career and college information
- helping in teacher/student relationships
- helping cope with family issues
- listening to concerns about friends, etc.
- giving you information about life and decision-making skills
- referring you to people or places outside of school for help if necessary
- being your advocate – counselors are here for you!
Counselors for each campus are certified by the state of Texas in School Counseling, have a master’s degree, as well as previous teaching experience. Each middle school has two guidance counselors to help ensure that adequate support for helping students to succeed and meet their goals is available.
Choice of school
Because of the Choice of School Program offered by the district, your child has the opportunity to select a high school campus best suited to their needs and goals for their future.
Important Choice of Subject Dates:
Upcoming dates in January 2021
The Responsive Services program at Sellers is committed to providing education, intervention, helpful resources to students, parents, administrators, and the community in a ways that assist students in choosing healthy lifestyles. If your child is having difficulty coping academically, socially, or behaviorally, a Responsive Services Counselor is available to meet with them. Inquiries can be made by contacting the Counseling Office.
Need more information
Feel free to visit our district Guidance & Counseling website for more information about all the programs that are offered to you and your child.