Join our team
Be a part of Sewell Elementary!
Come to work at our campus and become part of an award-winning district and #TheGISDEffect.
What our Teachers say about Sewell!
I love being a part of the Sewell family, because that’s exactly what it is!! The staff that work here love the kids and really rise up to support everyone, whether it’s a teacher going through an emergency at home or a student family that is in need!!
-KINDERGARTEN TEACHER, MRS. TUCKER
Why Choose Garland ISD
- Competitive salaries, some of the highest in the Dallas area
- Comprehensive benefits, including an employee assistance program and financial wellness program
- Dedicated employee clinic with low-cost visits for non-emergency medical needs
- Enhanced security procedures to help protect students and staff
- All GISD teachers are provided with a laptop, docking station, and dual monitors as a district standard
- Choice of school district with no attendance zones and a wide variety of magnet and specialized program campuses
- Strong investment in the growth of our staff through leadership development and learner pathways
- Extremely diverse community with more than 70 languages spoken by students
- Project Goal, a two-year 1-on-1 mentorship program for beginning teachers
- Children and grandchildren of nonresident employees can attend GISD schools
- Discounted community swim passes at the GISD Natatorium