Sewell counselor's corner
Your counselor is someone who you will want to get to know because she can assist you as you progress through elementary school. Make an appointment to see your counselor.
Veronica Gutierrez, Counselor
Phone: (972) 675-3050
What can my counselor do for me?
Counselors will help you by:
- providing study skills and academic information
- providing career and college information
- helping in teacher/student relationships
- helping cope with family issues
- listening to concerns about friends, etc.
- giving you information about life and decision-making skills
- referring you to people or places outside of school for help if necessary
- being your advocate – counselors are here for you!
Counselors for each campus are certified by the state of Texas in School Counseling, have a Master’s Degree, and previous teaching experience. Each elementary school has a guidance counselor to help ensure that adequate support for helping students to succeed and meet their goals is available.
Visit the district website for more information about the GISD Guidance & Counseling programs.
No student should be subjected to bullying or harassment that interferes with their ability to learn or their safety.
Visit the Bullying Prevention and Investigation page on the district website for more information and resources.
You can use the Anonymous Alerts® webform or mobile app to quickly, easily and anonymously report bullying, cyberbullying and other sensitive topics to school officials.
Anonymous Alerts® is monitored by GISD Security 24-hours daily and should only be used for serious and urgent matters. In the event of an emergency or life-threatening event, always call 911.