Policies & procedures
SGHS student expectations
- Students will arrive on time to every class every day
- Students will comply with GISD dress code (includes wearing ID badges at all times and no earbuds/headphones during instructional time)
- Students will engage and take ownership of their own learning
- Students will meet all behavior expectations in every class
- Students will respect all students and staff
- Students will represent South Garland High School with pride and integrity at all times
Important information for 2021-22 school year
Students are expected to be in class on time. The following procedures are in place to minimize classroom disruption and ensure student success. Tardy reports will be run weekly.
- Seven tardies equal one hour after school detention
- 14 tardies equal two hours after school detention
- If student does not attend one hour detention, student will have one day of RAC
- If a student does not attend two hour detention, student will have two days of RAC
- If student does not report to RAC, student will be suspended one day
GISD High School Student ID Policy
GISD has instituted a new district wide Student ID policy. The policy can be found on the Safety Precaution page of the district site.
SGHS is happy to enroll new students. There is, however, a set of procedures one must adhere to in order to enroll students for classes. The enrollment process will go a lot faster if parents and students come prepared.
Hours of enrollment
New students may be enrolled at South Garland High School between 7:30 a.m. - 2:40 p.m. Monday through Friday with the exception of student holidays and test days. New enrollments will not be processed after 9:30 a.m.
Required documents for enrollment
The following items are required by GISD for a student to be enrolled in school. Please make sure that all of the listed documents are brought with you at the time of enrollment.
- Proof of Residency
- Current Electric, Gas or Water Bill (in the parent or guardian's name) OR
- Lease Agreement with Student's Name Listed as an Occupant
- Parent or Guardian's Driver's License
- Shot Records
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Transcript or Report Card
- Withdraw Papers from Previous School
Online student services requests
Do you need to enroll your child, request a transfer, withdraw or request a transcript? It's easy to start these common processes at home. Visit Online Student Services page to get started. If you have any questions please contact our data clerk.
Campus Improvement Plan
A Campus Improvement Plan serves as the blueprint for how a campus will address performance objectives and other campus needs that have been identified from a Campus Needs Assessment.
- Campus Improvement Plan
The Campus Parent Involvement Policy explains how our campus supports the important role of parents in the education of their children. We offer a Parent Compact to establish a partnership among parents, school staff, and students for improving student academic achievement.