Reading for fun, enlightenment, and escape
We are proud to bring you hundreds of great ebooks. Below are directions and a video tutorial on how to access, search, and select SGHS library ebooks.
- 1) Go to GISD Ready Hub, login with sID# and inpin
- 2) Click on Mackinvia
- 3) On left side scroll down to ebooks
- 4) Click on selected book and open if using desktop or chromebook / download book if using ipad
- 5) Next to your name (black bar at the top) click the person icon to access notebook, bookmark, and other information
Students can download ebooks on their iPad or IOS using the Mackinvia app.
: Must reads for April & May
City of Saints & Thieves by Natalie C. Anderson
- After fleeing from the Congo as refugees, Tina and her mother start to build a new life in Sangui City. After her mother is found shot to death in the study of Roland Greyhill, Tina spends the next four years living on the streets and working as a master thief for the Goondas. When the Goondas get a job that brings Tina back to the lavish Greyhill estate, she seizes her chance for revenge, setting into motion events that could uncover the truth about her mother's death and cost Tina her life.
Boots on the Ground by Elizabeth Partridge
- Provides the personal stories of an American nurse, six American soldiers, and one Vietnamese refugee in order to explore the history and ramifications of the Vietnam War.
One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus
- When one of five students in detention is found dead, his high-profile classmates-including a brainy intellectual, a popular beauty, a drug dealer on probation and an all-star athlete-are investigated and revealed to be the subjects of the victim's latest gossip postings.
I Love You Beth Cooper by Larry Doyle.
- After he delivers a graduation address in which he declares his love for the school's head cheerleader, valedictorian Denis Cooverman spends the rest of the day and night dealing with the consequences of his confession.
Hoop City New York by Sam Moussavi
- Darnell is a talented high school basketball player from Brooklyn, primed to be the first to attend college in his family. But he can't seem to get out of his own way, making silly mistakes like being late for school, and getting distracted by the many girls he encounters. When his mother tells him that she has a new boyfriend, an event from Darnell's past takes him to a dark place. Will he be able to confront his past and try to overcome it?
: Must listen to for April & May
Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds
- As Will, fifteen, sets out to avenge his brother Shawn's fatal shooting, seven ghosts who knew Shawn board the elevator and reveal truths Will needs to know.
Salt to Sea by Ruta Sepetys
- As World War II draws to a close, four teens meet aboard the "Wilhelm Gustloff" a cruise ship that will give them passage out of Prussia before the Russians overtake the retreating German troops. The cruise ship, built to hold 1,500 passengers, is laden with over 9,000 desperate people. The four band together and try to survive when a Russian torpedo slams into the ship.
Library policies and procedures
Checking out a book
- Students are allowed to check out 5 books at a time.
- Books are checked out for 3 weeks
- Students are allowed to visit the library before school, after school, and during their lunch period. Students may get passes from the librarians for these times.
- During class time students must have a written pass from their teacher.
Find books, ebooks, and other resources by visiting your school's library catalog. If you need help with any of these resources, please contact your school librarian.
Online instructional resources
Online Instructional Resources are available to all students, teachers, parents, and administrators from any district or non-district computer.
Local library links