Welcome to SGHS Library
Librarians: Lisa Latham & LeAnne Dodson
Library Hours: 7 a.m.- 3:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 7 a.m.-3 p.m. Friday
Phone: 972-926-2700 (ext. 60560 or 60562)
Reading for fun
English teachers are bringing classes to check out books. Students get 10-15 minutes to read during class. It might be an old practice, but still proves invaluable. Reading expands the mind and develops the imagination. Students are reading for pleasure and gaining a renewed "love of literature".
Must reads for February
Everything Everything by Nicole Yoon
- The story of a teenage girl who's literally allergic to the outside world. When a new family moves in next door, she begins a complicated romance that challenges everything she's ever known. The narrative unfolds via vignettes, diary entries, texts, charts, lists, illustrations, and more"
Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
- "Seventeen-year-old Zélie, her older brother Tzain, and rogue princess Amari fight to restore magic to the land and activate a new generation of magi, but they are ruthlessly pursued by the crown prince, who believes the return of magic will mean the end of the monarchy.."
Library policies and procedures
Checking out a book
- Students are allowed to check out 5 books at a time.
- Books are checked out for 3 weeks
- Students are allowed to visit the library before school, after school, and during their lunch period. Students may get passes from the librarians for these times.
- During class time students must have a written pass from their teacher.
Ebooks : download yours today
Students can download ebooks on their iPad using the Mackinvia app.
We have hundreds of great eBooks to choose from. Ask a librarian today!
Find books, ebooks, and other resources by visiting your school's library catalog. If you need help with any of these resources, please contact your school librarian.
Online instructional resources
Online Instructional Resources are available to all students, teachers, parents, and administrators from any district or non-district computer.
Local library links