Pathways to Technology Early College HS Magnet
What is P-TECH?
Pathways in Technology Early College High School (P-TECH) is a new type of school that brings together the best elements of high school, college, and the professional world. P-TECH enables students to begin their college and professional lives more quickly and with more support than the typical school-to-work pathway.
- Partnership with Richland College
- Follows P-TECH Model
- 60+ College Credit Hours
- Transportation is provided
- "School Within a School" Model
Admission is open enrollment
Multimedia Web Design (Associate of Applied Science in Digital Media)
- Create and edit digital images, video, audio and animation.
- Create and publish content for the Internet including web sites and blogs.
- Gain knowledge in the theory and practice of digital design and digital marketing.
- Earn industry certifications from Adobe that will make you more marketable.
- Prepares you to enter the workforce when you graduate from high school.
- Helps you earn a starting salary that ranges from $35,000 - $60,000 a year. Provide you with the means to develop a professional portfolio.
- You will graduate with an Associate of Applied Science degree.
- Shortens the time you would need to spend if you choose to earn a Bachelor degree.
- The industry is projected to increase more than 35% over the next decade.
- STEMULI: Our vision is to use our social platform to expose students to various careers in STEM and to connect students to learning experiences provided by major corporations and professional sports organizations.
- IOOGO: Help take the dread and complication out of financial tasks, giving you more time to focus on the more important things in life and business.
- Teaching (EC-6) (Associates of Art in Teaching EC-6)
- Research, investigate, and explore the world of education from a classroom of your own.
- Plan and direct individualized lesson and group activities.
- Write lesson plans and prepare instructional material.
- Work alongside master teachers from our district!
- Be apart of our club, Texas Association of Future Educators (TAFE).
- GISD School Partners:
- Armstrong Elementary
- Back Elementary
- Dorsey Elementary
- Liberty Grove Elementary
- Sewell Elementary
- Shorehaven Elementary
- Hudson Middle School
- P-TECH Magnet Advisor: Melody Sawasaki
- P-TECH Assistant Principal: Melinda Crook
- P-TECH Counselor: Brandi Primm
- P-TECH Education Teacher: Natalie Abbett
- P-TECH Multimedia Teacher: Danielle Cowden
Information regarding Sachse's P-TECH program (pdf version)