Underclassmen Awards for Grades 9-11
Our Underclassmen Awards are in late spring. We honor students in grades 9th, 10th, and 11th who receive awards in the following areas:
- Academic Letter: A student maintains a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or higher.
- Superintendent Scholar and Superintendent Honor Scholar: Top scoring 100 sophomores in the school district based on their P.S.A.T. Score.
- Rising Scholar: Top scoring 100 freshmen in the school district based on their P.S.A.T. Score.
- Classroom Award: Students have advanced beyond the regular expectations in the classroom.
- CCMR: Distinguished students that have been recognized as having College, Career, Military Readniness.
- Perfect Attendance: Students not missing any classes during the school year.
- Octathlon and Decathlon: Academic competition that fosters scholastic excellence among students who represent a wide diversity of personal and academic backgrounds and interests.
- Cotillion Awards: Awards are voted on by the student body. Awards like Class Favorite, Most Admired, Most SHS Spirit, Most Handsome/Beautiful, and All SHS.
- AP Awards: Distinguished students that performed well on last year’s AP Exams.
Students and their families will be notified if they are receiving awards in these areas. The ceremony is help in the afternoon during the school day and parents are welcome to come up and see their student receive their award. If you have any questions, please email Lauren Ellis, Student Activities Director.