Policies & procedures
Red, navy or white polo-style shirts
Red, navy or white sweaters or sweatshirts. Shugart sweatshirts may be worn any day.
- Navy or khaki slacks or shorts (no cargo-style slacks or shorts; shorts must be modest length, approximately 2 inches above the knee or longer)
- Jackets and sweaters worn in the building must be red, white, or navy
- Undershirts worn under the standardized shirts must be red, navy, or white and must not be seen hanging below the shirt
- Earrings are limited to the ears for all students. Earrings include clip earrings, pierced earrings or studs, or any item used as a post in a pierced ear.
- Boys in grades K-8 may not wear earrings of any kind.
Girls may also choose:
- Navy, khaki or plaid skirt, skort, capris or jumper (skirt, skort or jumper should be of modest length - approximately 2 inches above the knee or longer; plaids should be a red/blue combination)
- Further information on standardized dress.
Before school car drop off procedures
Before school, cars should enter the parking lot close to Columbine Drive. Then turn left into the parking lot and drop them off in front of the school. Staff members will assist you in unloading your children and crossing them across the parking lot. If you need to enter the building, please park in a parking space.
After school car pick up procedures
All students will be dismissed at 3:20 p.m.
Shugart's after school car pick up procedures.
Reporting student absences
If your student will be absent from school please call the school office and let them know.
Absences for some activities and events such as religious holy days and documented health-care appointments may be excused if the student makes up all the work. More information about which activities and events are excused by state law is available in the Student Code of Conduct & Handbook.
Submit an absence note
Students should also turn in an absence note to the school attendance office within three days of returning to school that includes:
student name and I.D. number
a written statement giving the date and reason for the absence(s)
- parent phone number
If the school believes a student’s absences are excessive, a personal note from home will no longer be enough to excuse the student’s absence(s). A doctor’s note or another method may be required.
Partial day absences
Students are required to attend school from the time the school day begins until the time the school day ends. A partial day absence occurs when a student is not present for part of the school day.
A student that arrives late or leaves early will get a partial absence.
The school will decide whether the partial absence is excused or unexcused using the same standards used in determining the status of full-day absences.
Students and parents can monitor attendance records in Skyward. See Student attendance in Skyward for details. If you have questions about a specific absence, contact the attendance office at your campus.
Campus Improvement Plan
A Campus Improvement Plan serves as the blueprint for how a campus will address performance objectives and other campus needs that have been identified from a Campus Needs Assessment.
The Campus Parent Involvement Policy explains how our campus supports the important role of parents in the education of their children. We offer a Parent Compact to establish a partnership among parents, school staff, and students for improving student academic achievement.
Online Student Services requests
Do you need to enroll your child, request a transfer, or request a transcript? It's easy to start common processes at home. Visit the Online Student Services page to get started.
Upcoming instructional model change selection period will be November 9- November 13, 2020. New choice effective date will start January 5, 2021.
If you have additional questions, please contact the campus data clerk.