Our Special Education Department will be hosting virtual workshops for GISD families.
On behalf of the staff at Stephens Elementary School, I am happy to welcome you to the 2021-22 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful, our children will need to receive support from home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child's education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children's successes and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities to ensure they thrive. We ask that you guide and support your child's learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day's learning experience
- Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
- Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
- Regular open communication with teachers
Please consider joining our school PTA, Watch D.O.G.S. and volunteer programs as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school's programs and operations. We love our Stephen's volunteers and are looking for help with the following activities:
- 1. Teacher-led instructional support, usually in the classroom
- 2. Reading with children who need extra help
- 3. Attending school-wide events, field trips, etc.
- 4. Join the PTA
Our wonderful staff and I feel privileged to be a part of the Stephens school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to meeting you.
Sincerely, Lindsey Young
Super star parent news is a weekly informational newsletter available for parents.
Weekly parent reminders and updates from Stephens Elementary.
Updated protocols for the safe return to school.
Special Education teacher and District personnel reunited after recognizing each other as 1st grade classmates.
Balanced Literacy is an important part of the Stephens and GISD initiative to promoting literacy and academic success in our students.
Guidelines for birthday celebrations at Stephens Elementary
Please take a look at the Garland ISD yearly calendar when making vacation plans and appointments. Attendance is extremely important for all of our students.