- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct Voice: 469/630-2270
- Live on Google Meets everyday from 10 am - 11 am
- logon by using the link https://meet.google.com/znw-tnef-odf
- or Dial in: (US) +1 470-635-0138 PIN: 549 735 #
What can my counselor do for me?
Counselors will help you by:
- reviewing your choice of subject during the registration period (February - April)
- providing study skills and academic information
- providing career and college information
- helping in teacher/student relationships
- helping cope with family issues
- listening to concerns about friends, etc.
- giving you information about life and decision-making skills
- referring you to people or places outside of school for help if necessary
- being your advocate – counselors are here for you!
Counselors for each campus are certified by the state of Texas in School Counseling, have a Master’s Degree, and previous teaching experience. Each elementary school has a guidance counselor to help ensure that adequate support for helping students to succeed and meet their goals is available.
Visit the district website for more information about the GISD Guidance & Counseling programs.
Counseling Mission Statement
The mission of the Toler Elementary School Counseling Program is to provide a comprehensive and developmentally appropriate program to address students' emotional, social and academic needs. This is accomplished through a partnership with parents/guardians, staff members, and community members to enable all students to become productive citizens and lifelong learners.
School Counselor Vision Statement
The school counselor will help provide an atmosphere of security, warmth, and encouragement as Toler Elementary Students work to reach their fullest educational potential in the areas of academic, personal and career development. The school counselor will also commit to establish a solid foundation as Toler Elementary students successfully manage their lives as healthy, responsible and productive citizens who respect themselves and others.
School Counselor Belief Statements
1) I believe that ALL students can learn and achieve academic growth when encouraged and nurtured in a respectful environment.
2) I believe that nurturing ALL students' social and emotional well-being will encourage academic development and future success.
3) I believe that the school counselor's role is to provide a developmental counseling program that meets the needs of ALL students through a guidance curriculum, individual student planning, responsive services and system support.
4) The school counseling program will promote the following: an understanding of and respect of self and others: problem-solving and decision-making skills; emotional management skills; skills for learning; and the influence of academic habits on career success.
Each grading period teachers choose one student that has shown improvement either in behavior or academics to participate. These students meet our counselor in the cafeteria at the end of the school day for pizza and a drink. The counselor reads a small paragraph to the group written by the teacher to the student stating the area(s) of improvement and congratulating them on their success.
Bullying and cybersafety
No student should be subjected to bullying or harassment that interferes with their ability to learn or their safety.
Visit the district website for more information and resources related to bullying and cybersafety.
You can use the Anonymous Alerts® webform or mobile app to quickly, easily and anonymously report bullying, cyberbullying and other sensitive topics to school officials.
Anonymous Alerts® is monitored by GISD Security 24-hours daily and should only be used for serious and urgent matters. In the event of an emergency or life-threatening event, always call 911.