Academy for Excellence Magnet
Qualified students in grades K-5 are provided accelerated instruction in math and an enriched English language arts, science and social studies curriculum. Qualified students are grouped and taught at appropriate levels in all core areas.
Process to apply
Visit the district Academy for Excellence program page for more information.
To qualify for the academic program, the requirements are:
- Combined test score of 250 (Reading, Math, Ability)
- No less than 75th percentile in any area
- Pass all subjects on report card
- Pass STAAR
To be considered for a magnet program, a student must
- be enrolled or pre-enrolled in our district
- have program eligibility testing or other district-determined testing results completed
- complete an application
Review the Magnet application process page on the district website for more information.
- Magnet and choice process English
- Magnet and choice process Spanish
- Continuation video English
- Continuation video Spanish
- Academy Webinar
- 5th grade continuation video
- 5th grade continuation Spanish video
- WGA Magnet Video
- Academy Webinar Spanish