Grade level activities
Students participate in physical education classes every other day for 45 minutes. In the gym, students learn about sports such as volleyball, basketball, football, hockey, and many others. Students also learn the importance of living a healthy lifestyle and why fitness is just as important as having a healthy diet.
1st Six Weeks
Our goal at WGA is to teach all students the value of living a healthy and physically active lifestyle by allowing them to participate in a variety of activities throughout the year. Students from kindergarten all the way to 5th grade learn physical activities that they can enjoy throughout their lifetime, as well as learning the cognitive benefits of those activities.
Classroom rules and expectations:
- Listening and following directions the first time given
- Not talking during inappropriate times
- Staying in assigned spot when needed
- Respecting equipment
- Respect others
Tips for parents
- Dress Code: Dress appropriately Please make sure your child is prepared for class each day. For safety reasons, we require students to wear tennis shoes during Physical Education classes. Younger students may need lessons on how to tie their shoes properly, rather than tucking in the laces. Please make sure girls wear shorts under any skirt or dress.
- Injury Notes: Any student who needs to be excused from Physical Education due to illness or injury must have a note or email from a parent. If the student needs to be excused for more than 3 days a doctor’s note is needed.
“Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.” –John F. Kennedy