Instructor: Veronica Orozco
Students participate in music class weekly for 45 minutes. In the music
class, students learn about music literacy, creative expression, historical and
cultural relevance, and critical evaluation and response. Students will be
introduced to a variety of repertoire including folk songs and dances, patriotic
music, instrument playing techniques, and orchestral pieces by various composers.
Amazing Music Spotlight
2nd Grade singing and dancing to a song that celebrates Têt trung thu, the Vietnamese Mid-Autumn Festival, in preparation for their upcoming performance “Celebrations Around the World” on WGA Multicultural Night! Here they are holding their dèn (lanterns) up to the trắng (moon)!
WGA Music Resources Webpage
Tips for Parents
- Find a special spot in your home for your child to sing or play an instrument.
- Establish a time each day to play.
- Positive feedback for your child will set them up for success!
- Musical sounds take time and practice, refrain from negative remarks about your child’s playing.
- Take your child to see professional and amateur performances or show them musicals and movies that show positive role models in the music industry.
- Sing and play with your child! My favorite memories growing up are from singing a variety of music with my family.