Family Engagement survey
Each year the schools ask parents to provide feedback about our school family engagement. This feedback helps us identify our strengths and areas for improvement. As a parent, please respond to each statement on the survey. Your input is invaluable!
Free online technology training for staff, students and parents
Hoonuit is now available for free to all GISD families and staff to access online tutorials and workshops for computer software, social media, cloud computing, Twitter, and Internet safety.
How do I log in? District employees login using their district username and district password. Parents, please ask your students for their ReadyHub login.
What will I find there?
- GISD’s subscription to Hoonuit includes: Project-based training on:
- 21st century concepts to create college- and career-ready students
- Applying technology skills in the classroom
- Just-in-time technology training tutorials on 250+ software applications and edtech tools
- Training on in-demand Career Skills, such as Time Management and Effective Listening
Gifted and talented
Visit the Texas Association for the Gifted and Talented website for more information.
There are so many different ways for you to get involved at Walnut Glen Academy, whether it is joining the PTA or volunteering at a school sponsored event. Studies have shown that parental involvement can help your child/children do better in school. Take a look at the Garland ISD For Parents page and Walnut Glen Academy's Volunteer Page for more information about how you can get started.