Policies & procedures
New to Webb
Visit our Webb Welcome Site for quick information and tours.
Concerning illness notes
The Garland ISD school board has approved standardized dress for all Webb Middle School students. Standardized dress is made up of clothing that meets a particular description but is not a specific brand of clothing. The dress and grooming codes outlined below are not optional. Students will be given disciplinary consequences if they do not follow the dress and grooming codes. Please take the dress code with you when shopping for school clothing. Stores advertising school uniforms or standardized dress may not meet our dress code requirements.
Bear Pact (discipline)
The Webb Bear Pact has been developed in order to guarantee each student the excellent educational climate that he or she deserves. The Bear Pact is a school-wide discipline plan involving students, parents, and staff members. It consists of guidelines for student conduct and consequences for misbehavior. The plan will be in effect at all times.
Serious violations can result in immediate office referral and visit with principal.
Electronic Device Policy
Students shall obtain prior approval before using personal telecommunication devices, including cellular phones or other electronic devices for instructional purposes. Parents and students are required to sign a user agreement that contains applicable rules for use (separate from the Code).
An authorized district employee may confiscate a personal telecommunications device, including a cellular phone or other electronic devices used in violation of district or campus rules.
The device shall be turned into the front office.
A parent may retrieve the device without charge on the first infraction.
When the device is retrieved by the student on the first infraction, $10.00 fee will be charged for the return of the device.
If confiscated a second time or more and retrieved by the parent for the student, an administrative fee of $15 will be charged for the return of the device.
Three violations may result in confiscation of the device for the remainder of the school year. Or additional fees of $15.00.
We encourage parents to call the office if you need to reach your child and we will get them the message. Consequences will be assigned for improper cell phone usage.
Teacher should lock up the device until it can be sent to the office.
- Students in Garland ISD now have the opportunity to bring their own personal electronic devices to school for educational purposes. With administrator and teacher approval, students may use their devices to access and save information from the Internet, to collaborate with other learners, and to utilize the productivity tools available to them.
- A clinic is available at Webb for emergencies and illnesses.
- Garland Independent School District School Board policy requires that all medications, both prescription and over-the-counter be kept in the clinic.
- Students will not be dismissed to go home due to illness unless a parent has been notified by the full time registered nurse.
- Students must obtain a pass from their teacher to come to the clinic. Exceptions include: severe bleeding, seizure, problems breathing.
- Students are not to call/text parents prior to seeing the nurse. The nurse will assess the student and if parent notification is needed the nurse will notify parents of student condition.
The Campus Parent Involvement Policy explains how our campus supports the important role of parents in the education of their children. We offer a Parent Compact to establish a partnership among parents, school staff, and students for improving student academic achievement.
To support our mission of providing an exceptional education to all students, we have created policies designed to help your student have the best possible education experience.
- COVID-19 Guidelines for 2021-22
- Student Code of Conduct & Handbook (PDF)
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) (PDF)
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)-Spanish (PDF)
- Parent Involvement Policy
Visit the Policies page on the district website for additional polices and related information.